Published on November 4th, 2013 | by Ath letize0
Barclays Center Seating Chart
The Barclays Center is a multi-purpose sporting arena located in Brooklyn, New York and is the home of the Brooklyn Nets of the NBA and the New York Islanders of the NHL. A detailed Barclays Center seating chart is located to the left. Barclays Center also competes with other facilities in the New York metropolitan areas, facilities such as Madison Square Garden, Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale etc.
The arena sits partly on a platform over the Metropolitan Transportation Authority – owned Vanderbilt Yards rail yard at Atlantic Avenue.
The Barclays Center is owned by Forest City Enterprises as a majority owner and ONEXIM Sports & Entertainment as a minority. To the date of this posting, Barclays Center has been the most expensive NBA arena to build at approximately $1 billion.
- On July 22, 2013, the U.S. Green Building Congress awarded LEED Silver Certification for New Construction to Barclays Center. It was the first professional sports and entertainment venue in the New York Metro area to achieve this status for its sustainable design and building methods.
Click on the link/s below to view seating charts for all the different events held inside the Barclays Center.
- Barclays Center Concert seating chart – end stage seating
- Barclays Center Seating Chart – New York Islanders NHL
- Barclays Center Seating Chart – Boxing Events
Barclays Center Quick Facts
- Location: Brooklyn, New York
- Main Teams: Brooklyn Nets, New York Islanders
- Seating Capacity: 17,732 (approximately)
- Size: 675,000 square feet
- Opened: 2012
History of Barclays Center
When Bruce Ratner purchased the Nets back in 2004 one of his main goals was to get the team into a new facility. The development of the arena experienced significant hurdles along the way and as a result the start of the construction was delayed for many years and at times almost in danger of not even happening at all.
On September 29, 2009 Russian businessman Mikhail Prokhorov agreed to a $200 million deal to become a principal owner of the Nets and a key investor in the Brooklyn arena.
Groundbreaking for the arena finally started on March 11, 2010, and the arena was opened to the public on September 21, 2012. The first event to take place in the barclays Center was a Jay-Z concert on September 28, 2012.
Barclays Center Address
620 Atlantic Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11217
Phone: 1 + 917.618.6700